VTech Educational and Learning Toys
Christmas is the main event of the year for children and a time when the biggest toy sales are made. Top brands like VTech are well aware of the competition and like to stay in touch with latest trends and consumer needs so they remain number one when it comes to buying electronic learning toys.
The VTech line up of baby toys, preschool and pre-teenager’s toys and games are pretty extensive and are dedicated to children’s education.
Babies need toys that stimulate their interest in different colours, shapes and textures then once they have found their feet interactive toys help them to develop their imagination and language.
The First Steps Baby Walker has remained one of the top walkers since it was first launched 12 year ago proving it to be a parent’s favourite baby toy. The walker helps a baby move and the sturdy design supports baby’s first steps. It’s easy to assemble and ready to use straight away and comes with plenty of options to keep toddlers occupied.
This award winning toy features a detachable learning centre with shapes, light up musical keys, animals, letters and words.
The trend to produce products in pink has seen many toys being produced in a choice of colours including a pink First Steps Baby Walker, Pink Kidizoom camera, V.Smile Art Studio, My Laptop, Knowledge Notebook and Cyber Pocket. Some are available in blue as well which keeps both girls and boys happy.
A new entry in the computer category for 2009 is the Media Desktop. There are 60 activities including: English, Maths, French, Science and Social Studies. This introduces fun into learning and helps children expand their knowledge at the same time.
Parents will also like the idea of following how they are doing by simply uploading their child’s progress onto their PC. Also, extra games for the Media Desktop can be downloaded from the Internet via USB from Planet VTech. Suitable toy for a 6 year old upwards.
V.Smile Motion Educational Gaming System
V.Smile Motion, another active play example was VTech’s biggest product launch of 2009 and is going to be a hard act to follow.
V.Smile Motion Games
V Smile Motion is a motion activated educational video gaming system aimed at 3 to 7 year olds. It has a wireless controller that detects movement which encourages active play among pre-schoolers. There are 11 new titles for the V Smile Motion including Monster V’s Aliens, Up and Disney Fairies. Adding these to the 7 existing games makes quite a library.
- Thomas and Friends
- Little Einsteins
- My Pet Puppy
- Handy Mandy
- Monster V’s Aliens
- Disney Fairies
- Football Challenge
- Scooby Doo
- Kung Fu Panda
- Wide Waves
- Mickey Mouse
- Snow Park Challenge
- My Friends Tiger and Pooh
VTech KidiZoom Pro
The new Kidizoom camera has been hogging the rankings in the toy charts for most of the year and is already on retailers best sellers lists for Christmas 2009. The latest kid’s digital camera follows on from the original Kidizoom camera which targeted children 3+ year. The newer version will appeal to slightly older children and makes a good multi media camera for beginners.
The Kidizoom Pro offers electronic entertainment with its multi media capabilities featuring 2 mega pixels with 2 x zoom, connection to a TV or PC for viewing and editing, MP3 player and built-in games plus a SD card slot memory expansion and changeable face plates. Recommended age is 5 years and over.
Children who already have a digital camera will be like the idea of portable viewer that’s new to VTech’s Kidscreative range. The Kidilook is a view on the go gadget that stores up to 100 pictures. Now kids can have fun taking photos with their digital camera then transfer them to the new Kidilook digital photo frame with its 1.8inch LCD display.
Includes photo managing software for creating “picture stories” and has a one click transfer feature, there is also a fun clock mode and a motion sensor that activates random picture mode.
The package contains:
- 1 VTech Kidilook pink or blue
- 1 PC installation CD-Rom, USB cable,
- Users manual and instructions
- 1 wrist strap
New Toys from VTech
We have selected a list of some of the newest products from VTech with a brief description and developmental benefits each toy brings. They are categorised in age suitability making buying toys for different ages of a child that much easier:
- Learn with Pooh and Friends Piano – Cot toy with tactile fun and interactive play.
- Sing and Sooth Mobile- Soft plush animals with gentle melodies and night-light.
- Sail and Steer 2 in 1 Gym – Play mat promotes sensory and tactile awareness
- Sing & Slide Nursery Book- In the Night Garden interactive book with sounds and songs
- Groove and Grow Garden Pink- Colourful sorting fun with sing-a-long songs
- Roll and Learn Pooh Ball-Encourages motor skills and language development
- Explore and Play Table-Upsy Daisy & friends activity fun with sounds from the series
- BabyTime Centre-Plug and play interaction on your TV with advanced learning features
- Soft & Learn Pinky Ponk-Shape sorting fun with In the Night Garden characters
- Touch and Talk Storytime- Interactive learning with musical adventure stories
- Push and Pull Monkey-Active play with songs and exploration encourages early learning
- Bounce and Ride Giraffe-Fast pedal action means more fun! Interactive activities
- Puppy, Baby’s Best Friend-Infra-red control directs puppy’s movement includes sounds
- V.Smile Art Studio Pink-Plug into V.Smile TV Learning System to create masterpieces
- Dora Laptop-Pre-school learning adventure, 10 activities with interactive 3D Dora
- Thomas Alphabet Train-Pre-school Curriculum learning activities with push along fun
- Bugsby Reading System-Magic sensor pen reads stories out loud & encourages reading
- Kidilook Pink/Blue- Digital photo frame,transfer pictures taken from Kidizoom camera
- Media Desktop- 60 games, internet connectivity via a PC to download more
- Colour Notebook laptop- Teaches early computer skills with advanced colour screen
- Knowledge Notebook Bag- Black rucksack for carrying VTech laptop
From 5-9 years
- KidiDog Pink/Blue- Imaginative fun & games, tells jokes, dances and changes its face
- Kidizoom Pro-Multi-media digital camera with zoom plus games and MP3 player
- SpongBob Laptop-15 learning activities with real voice of SpongBob
- Cyber Pocket Blue/Pink-Portable learning game, flip up colour screen and touch pad
VTech have been creating learning toys for over 30 years and continues to do so today. From pioneering products back in the 1990’s to the present day VTech has played a big part in the electronic learning field and are still dominating the educational toy arena.
The expanding youth electronics category has captured the preschool and pre-teen toy market proving that kids and computers go so well together. Their enquiring minds and thirst for knowledge are satisfied with the launch of new products that offer more and more as the technology get better.
Some of the best children’s toys feature a creative element to them whether it’s basic coloured wooden blocks or hi-tech electronic games, they are all vital in the learning path of a child. Parents see the importance of such products and how they stimulate young imaginations.
VTech toys are designed with a child’s play pattern in mind and incorporate the latest technology to accommodate this. Games and toys are not only being made to stimulate young minds they are produced with physical play programmes too.
Manufacturers are encouraging active play in youngsters with the introduction of products like Leapfrog’s Zippity, Learn ‘n Groove and the Dance Mat craze which seems to be as popular this year as ever and appeals to kids of all ages.